WinRAR is an application that allows users to compress and decompress files. It is very useful if you have a lot of files that you want to send to someone else. It provides the ability to compress files and folders into a compressed file (RAR file) which is considerably smaller than the original and yet can still be decompressed.
How to Use WinRAR App – Steps to Follow
Here's a quick guide to teach you how to use WinRAR app on your PC/Mac. In order to understand how to use WinRAR app, I recommend you to read this post entirely.
- Go to the folder or the file that you want to compress.
- Right-Click on the file or folder, and select "Add to archive" command.
- A new dialog box will pop up, click on "OK" button, WinRAR will asking for a name to save the archive file.
- Now you can see a new archive file with the name you enter, all the files will be compressed into a compressed file, just click on "OK" button.
- Now you can compress or zip files using the "Add to archive" command.
- You can also right-click on the compressed file to extract the file or folder, just select "Extract…" command and extract the file or folder into the location you want.
- Just like this, you can easily compress files and folders using WinRAR app, just follow the same steps above to use WinRAR app to compress files and folders that you want.
There are many types of file compression app in Windows and Linux operating systems. But WinRAR is the most popular and best file compression app. Many people use this app for their daily work.