WinRAR is a file archiver and archive manager used for the RAR file format. It is proprietary software, developed by Eugene Roshal (Russian: Евгений Рошаль). It is compatible with many other Windows compression formats, including ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZ, UUE, BZIP2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z, and SWC.
The following are the top 10 most interesting facts about WinRAR.
- The name WinZip is derived from the words 'Windows' and 'Zip'. This software was developed in the year 1992 and was first available as shareware.
- The maximum file size that this tool can compress is 8 GB.
- This software is very fast in compressing files. It can compress files up to 10 times faster than other compression tools.
- This app has been used by government agencies to send sensitive data.
- In 2019, the total size of the archives compressed with this application was more than 5 petabytes.
- This application takes less than a second to compress the files.
- It can compress files up to a maximum of 20 times their size.
- The total number of users of this application is more than 400 million.
- RAR has become the first software product that was officially registered in the Guinness Book of Records. The previous record was held by the Word for Windows, which was installed on more than 600 million computers.
- WinRAR has a self-learning recognition system that can automatically check the file type and determine the optimum settings for the best possible compression.
WinRAR is a software tool that is used for compressing files. It performs great in compressing files and folders and it has some very interesting and amazing features. The most important advantage of this software is that it is available for free. This software is very simple to use, and it can be used by anyone very easily.